XLeptodactylous

Alfred Lord Tennyson
The Norton Anthology of Poetry
Mary Jo Salter, Margaret Ferguson, Jon Stallworthy

Thirst

Thirst - Thierry Sagnier I received this e-book from the author in return for an unbiased review.

I've been in a crime thriller kick recently: it started with my mother and her Ian Rankin and Patricia Cornwell books. She had some others, too, ones I didn't like: Kathy Reichs, Michael Connelly and Sue Grafton, which I didn't like. Then along came Jo Nesbo and Stuart MacBride and suddenly the world of crime fiction is looking pretty good.

Thirst concerns a drug dealer who is accidentally stabbed and then shot and dumped. His girlfriend is then kidnapped, because the dead man apparently stole some drugs, but nobody knows where they all are. The kidnapped girl's mother is so distraught she asks her lover, Colin, to help find her, along with his buddy Joe the Cop.

It was a decent enough yarn. I thought it actually started off pretty strongly and I found myself intrigued in the whole scenario. There was enough mystery to keep me guessing until around half way, when it petered out and just became a story about nothing much at all, really. It stalled just after and never really picked up pace again.

There were also quite a few typos and I wasn't a fan of the dialogue, but that's all me and nothing to do with the book-more to do with my dislike of American slang and the like.